Board Certification in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)
Board Certification in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork is the highest voluntary credential a massage therapist can obtain within the profession—it is above and beyond entry level state licensure. By becoming Board Certified, I represent a community of therapists who have gone above standard educational and work experience requirements with a dedicated and lifelong commit to continuing education. Furthermore, I live up to higher standards and ethics in alignment with The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).
Certified Personal Trainer
As a Nationally Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), I can help you with your exercise and fitness needs, stretching advice, cardiovascular health recommendations, weight training, and various other physical fitness desires.
I will help you with a long term health & wellness plan. Increase your strength & mobility, be healthier, eat better, understand your body. I will explain your current health and fitness condition to you after a short assessment. I will proceed to give you advice on how to stay stay healthy, eat better, exercise, and hopefully feel better starting today! I can also help you plan your own fitness program.
My Certification is accredited through the National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)
Master's Degree in Business
From Troy State University
Bachelor's Degree in Management
From Metropolitan State University
Associate's Degree in Massage Therapy
from MountWest Community and Technical College
Private Pilots License
and former Naval Flight Officer
Therapist Background, Philosophy and Interests
Just to give a little more background about myself, the therapist (Erik Weingardt):
I have over 17 years experience with giving and/or receiving various massages and spa services. I have 6+ years as a certified licensed Massage Therapist and Physical Fitness Trainer. I have a degree in Massage Therapy and continue to add new services and techniques all the time.
- My passion is to help others relax, heal, feel better, and live a healthier life. My goal is to have my clients leave happier, feel better, and have more healthy options for themselves than when they arrived. De-stress, healing, and health is my focus.
Why I do what I do:
- I have held many positions in various careers in my life, but I have figured out that money and position are not necessarily the most important things in life. Family, friends, happiness, health, and love are what I feel are the most important. I have found that massage therapy is a field that is generally low stress compared to most careers and it gives me the chance to help others, meet nice people, laugh, heal, and be happy. Additionally, I enjoy helping people with their life and health options.
What do I plan to offer to my clients:
- As a Massage Therapist, wherever I may be working, whether in my home, delivered to your location, or working in a salon/spa, I will be offering various massage modalities, to include Swedish, Shiatsu, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, Reflexology, Prenatal, Aromatherapy, various scrubs & wraps, and many other modalities as time goes on.
- As a Personal Trainer/Life Coach, I will offer my training and assessment services, to help analyze your physical, mental, and nutritional lifestyle with many options to help you lead a healthier life, minimizing health and physical issues.
A little bit about me: hobbies, family, interests:
Present activities and interests:
- Family, Church, Friends, Woodworking, Home Improvement
- School: Continued education to expand my knowledge and abilities in massage and physical fitness
- My school knowledge and experience includes: Body Works, Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology, Muscle Palpation, Pathology, Business, Ethics, Medical Terminology, Spa services, Massage Techniques, Health, Nutrition, Relieving Headaches and Tension, Lymphatic Drainage Massage, & Fitness Band Exercises and other physical fitness programs and assessments.
Past interests and hobbies:
Career: Retired Navy Lieutenant Commander, Naval Flight Officer, Mission Commander, Navigator, Computer (IT) Manager, HR Manager, Background Actor
Athletics: Crew Rowing, Kickboxing, Martial Arts, Kickball, Skiing, Snowboarding, Bowling, Jogging, Hiking, Biking, Juggling, Table Tennis, Racquetball, Scuba, Drum Set/Percussion
Hobbies: Traveling, Private Pilot, Background Actor, Beach Lover, Movies, Relaxing